I’ve decided to participate in Ali Edwards’ Week in the Life project that kicks off today! Ali has been doing this for many years, and if you follow any popular blogs, you’ve probably seen the project before. I’m not very good at tracking my daily activities, so I know that this will be a bit of a challenge for me. However, I think a snapshot of what my life looks like right now would be great to have. Here are my main reasons for participating in this project:
- I want to do better at tracking the everyday life moments…not just the glamorous ones.
- We are in a bit of a transition period right now (projects galore!) and I think this would be a great time to document the here and now. Plus, it’s an exciting week…my new assistant starts today!
- I’d like to see if my actual activities match up with what I think my day looks like. Maybe I’ll learn a bit about how I use my time.
- I want to practice my photography, and this will force me to take photos that I otherwise wouldn’t…including photos of myself. (Yikes!)
- I want to be more intentional about how I use my time. Maybe this exercise will show me ways to be more efficient and how to fit in more personal time.
I already know that this is going to be a challenging project. I know that I’m going to be struggling by early afternoon today. I know that I’ll want to give up completely by Wednesday. Much like my 100 day project, I’ll realize how big of a commitment I made early on. It’s likely that I’m going to miss large of chunks of time when things get breathtakingly busy. Nonetheless, I’m going to do my very best. Even if I don’t document every single thing, I will most definitely document more than I would have otherwise.
I’ll be pushing myself a bit this week. If you’re interested in joining me, you can get tons of info, kits, and tips on Ali’s blog. You can also download this great (and free) printable. Even if you don’t participate fully, writing down your daily activities could still be fun and insightful. I’m sure I’ll share bits and pieces on Instagram, so feel free to follow along @pamelapetrus!