I think September is quite possibly my favorite month of the year. (Full disclosure: I will likely say that for other months too.) I think that I love September because I feel like fall is just around the corner. Temperatures start to cool off but it’s still warm (especially in Louisiana). I feel like it’s time to pull out all of my fall attire and start getting ready for the fall holidays. I want to wear boots and sweaters and oversized hoodies.
This September, I’m thrilled to be in a new house. Even though I’m still unpacking and decorating, I can’t help but begin to think about Halloween decorations. I’m excited about decorating for the holidays that are ahead…so much so that I might just skip regular decorations and go straight for the holiday stuff!
I’m excited to get the ball rolling on September, so I thought I’d share a few goals I have for this month:
- Work out my closet organization – yes, I still have a bedroom as a closet in this house. I’m a lucky girl.
- Get the kitchen unpacked and squared away.
- Unpack most of the major boxes.
- Host a garage sale (or make a gigantic donation to charity).
- Hang at least 5 things on the walls – I’m chomping at the bits on this one!
- Begin using our master bathroom instead of the hall bath.
- Settle on living room furniture placement.
- Purchase at least one new shower curtain – This has been tough….everything I’ve fallen in love with has been $60-$150. Like this one. And this one. Swoon.
- And decide if I’ll be “ready” enough to host a Halloween party.
From the looks of this list, I better get busy! September is going to be fantastic!